Excess poundage is not just a problem for people—too well-fed pets are becoming an epidemic as well. Just as with humans, overweight pets have a higher risk of developing diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, high blood pressure and certain forms of cancer.
That’s why we’re kicking off the North Naples Veterinary Hospital Weight Loss Challenge, where your pet could win a year’s worth of Hill’s Pet Food (a $500 value!).
Here’s how to enter your pet and the rules of the contest:
- Schedule a complimentary tech appointment for your pet’s initial weigh-in and evaluation starting January 27th.
- The tech will issue a Body Score Evaluation, established a goal weight and prescribe a diet food for your pet—and your first starter bag of the prescribed food is FREE! A “Before” picture will be taken at this time.
- Additional food must be purchased at our hospital.
- Bring your pet in for a complimentary weigh in once every 30 days for the next three months, which will be recorded by the tech and initialed by the owner. At the 60-day weigh-in pet will receive a FREE bag of treats (which you can use as a reward after the contest!)
- At the last weigh-in after the 3-month period, a final weight will be recorded and an “After” picture will be taken.
- A canine and a feline winner will be determined based on the percentage of body weight lost.
Have questions about the contest or want to schedule your too-fluffy friend for a weigh-in and assessment? Give us a call at (239) 205-8581!